Policy changes due to Coronavirus
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please contact us.
What are the options available for receiving my pet’s ashes?
We offer a few different options when it comes to returning ashes to our customers:
- Ashes are returned in a plastic bag inside a white “scatter box”. This box is similar to a gift box.
- Ashes are returned in a plastic bag inside a tin box.
- Ashes are returned in a plastic bag inside a locally hand crafted oak urn, available in 5 sizes.
- Ashes are divided among a tin/urn and a scatter box. One to be kept as a keepsake and one to be scattered in an area of your choosing.
How long can I expect before my pets ashes are returned to me?
If picking up ashes from one of our regularly serviced veterinary hospitals, ashes will be returned in 1-2 weeks depending on the schedule of that particular clinic. Other customers will have their pets ashes returned in 3-5 days. Under special circumstances ashes can be returned in a shorter time frame. Additional fee may apply.
Do I need to purchase an urn from Precious Pet Cemetery Ltd?
No it is not required to purchase one of our urns.
What will happen to my pet if I choose not to use a pet aftercare provider?
Generally speaking there are two other options available to you:
- The first is that you take your pet home from the Vet Clinic and bury them in a suitable location for remembrance.
- The second option is that you leave your pet in the care of the Vet Clinic for disposal. In some circumstances this will result in your pet being disposed of in the local landfill.
How can I be sure I’m getting my own ashe’s back after a private cremation?
We take the after care of each pet very seriously. When you entrust us your pet’s remains we ask that you fill out a form stating your contact information as well as information about your pet. Identification information for each individual pet is kept with them regularly verified throughout the cremation process.